Tuesday 14 February 2017

Restored! How to pray...

Brainwashed Christians pray pitifully.

They are led to believe that life and death is not in the power of the tongue by a passive, clueless institutional church.

They don't speak to God. They don't speak Life. And they don't speak to their circumstances.

They do not exercise their authority because they are utterly confused and defeated in religion. Destitute!

In one word, it is just pathetic!

I really do sound pessimistic there, don't I?

So, what's the thing?

The Gospel is the thing.

There is one thing that God has just been emphasizing on my heart lately again. And that is that Jesus didn't leave us orphans, destitute and powerless and without a purpose or direction ...

We have been restored to our original purpose.

Through the cross, His resurrection and outpouring, He not only reconciled us onto Him, but also restored us in line with His original plan and design for us.

Beggar or king?

He restored us as heirs in His Kingdom with power and love and a sound mind to have dominion also in this world right here and right now! As kings and priests, His Holy set-apart-ones.

... after all, he said in those days you will beg me for nothing ...

Was it prophesied?

I pick this up from Jeremiah 29: 8-14 and Jesus confirming in His own words in John 16:23 (remember this post on whether to beg or demand?)

But the praying thing is much, much more ...

The problem is deception

Jeremiah, the prophet with the name "whom Yahveh has appointed" (significant, isn't it?), writes a letter to the captives in Babylon (confusion by mixture). He writes the direct words of Yahveh explaining that they should go ahead - live, build houses, marry, have kids, start business ... live. 

Also they should be weary of those who prophecy amongst them, deceiving them by telling them that they would never return to the place and destiny that God had in mind for them, out of Babylon into a state of Peace (Jerusalem).

But the finished work of Jesus is the reality

Jeremiah makes a case that all those sown into confusion will return to Rest.

And then these profound words in verses 12 and 13 pointing straight to the finished work of Jesus and His reconciliation and restoration and what it has to do about "praying":

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Looks pretty straight forward, hey?

It is.

What is the issue then with praying?

Let's look at three specific words in light of the New Testament and what Jesus said in John 16:23:
  • Jeremiah says then you shall call: qârâ or קרא meaning to call, call out, recite, read, cry out or proclaim. The pictograph depicts: the mind set on the Highest authority (Jesus). Remember that James said that we should not just be hearers of the Word only, but also doers? The word doers there is exactly that - poets (poiētēs in the Greek): pro-claimers of the Word in power. (Jas 1:22).
  • Jeremiah says we will pray: pâlal or פּלל meaning to intercede, pray, judge. The pictograph is mind-blowing: to speak in absolute authority (note the double lamed). It is precisely what Jesus said in John 16:23: pray (aiteō in the Greek): to demand something due (see my previous link here).
  • Jeremiah says that God would hearken: shâma or שׁמע meaning to hear, obey, grant, to yield. The pictograph pictures: consumption of the blood revealed. Wow! When God hears your prayer, the power of the blood of Jesus is revealed in that situation. HalleluYAH!

Can you see the picture?

Now let's read the whole text again. (I expound in brackets).

Jeremiah 29:10-14

For thus saith יהוה, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. (His Word, Jesus, was performed for all mankind. HalleluYAH!)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith יהוה, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (The expected end is the outcome of your prayer as a result of Christ in you. You know exactly how it will turn out when you speak to your mountain!)

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. (He will confirm the power of the Blood of Jesus right there!)

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Because He is right there ... in your heart!)

And I will be found of you, saith יהוה: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith יהוה; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive. (Your original design and purpose, your dominion in Christ - restored as the chains of lies and deception and confusion fall of.)

The conclusion ...

One deal.

Done deal.

You are in a New Covenant.

Power and authority restored. 

So, go ahead.

Appropriate and execute your God-given dominion ... right now!

With your mind set on the Highest, speak in absolute authority to your mountain so that the completed work of the Blood of Jesus can be confirmed in your situation.

HalleluYAH!

No comments:

Get Twitter Fan Box Widget
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/floatting-twitter-fan-box-for-blogger.html#sthash.RumcxfhG.dpuf